Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happier thoughts

So, I know my last post was Depression Express. I just want y'all to know that I'm not ALWAYS so down in the dumps. My emotions fluctuate just like anyone elses. We all just cope with them in different ways, and I guess that's what makes me... well, me. I am usually happy, but when I'm sad or upset.. it's really to the extreme, sadly.


Getting all of that off of my chest really helped me a little bit. Just getting it out there & not pent up inside boiling up to explode. I'm sure I forgot several things I wanted to get out, but for right now all of that is good enough for now.


We had a wonderful Christmas, although, it didn't go exactly how we thought it might. Matt was excited about everything I got them & had to play with them as soon as he opened them. lol It was cute. :) I'm enjoying the blu ray player I got for him, too, so it's a win-win! It's amazing how much better the picture is with blu-ray.. I couldn't believe it. I got the Kindle Fire HD I wanted, so I was happy, too.


We wanted to get up to Matt's side of the family that day, but with uncertainty of the weather & time constraints, it just didn't happen. I hated it for Matt. I really wanted to see them, too. Maybe we can come up with a better plan for next year. It's just a really long stretch in between our 2 families. :/ I'm really loving the relationship between Matt's mom & I. It's gotten SO much better & I just LOVE that. I'm SO super blessed with her & Ralph. They're the best. I feel like we've finally connected how I wanted us, too. I know some relationships with in-laws can be iffy, but I really do love that mine has come so far & grown so well! :)


I'm also so very thankful for the relationship I've gotten with my mom. It's better than ever, and I love that we're like best friends! It's much easier to grow a relationshop when you actually get to see those people. I felt like I was disconnected from them too much when I was hours away from them. It wasn't anyone's fault, it was just hard with school & work to get away.


Other good news is that I'm absolutely LOVING selling Scentsy. I was so afraid to start it up, that I wish I wouldn't have been so scared to do it sooner. I really enjoy it & everything that comes with it. We'r also trying to get our photography up & going, but it's going a little bit rougher than I thought it would. Hopefully, it will soon. I'm also enjoying getting my craftier side some workout! I love making the wreaths I've started... and hope it'll branch out into some other crafty things soon. I just need to hone in on my crafty vibes. lol :)


I'm excited that we got a new Christmas tree. It was still expensive even though it was half price after Christmas, but hopefully, it'll be much prettier than the cheaper one we've had. It's a 7.5 foot Skinny tree. Virginia Cone or something. lol It's pre-lit & has some pine cones in it. I can't wait to decorate it next year. I'll probably put it together once this just to see what it looks like. It's nice to have ceilings tall enough for a tall tree. Matt was REALLY wanting a 12 foot tree, but I just couldn't imagine DECORATING a 12 foot tree. lol Knowing my luck, it'd get decorated up to 6 foot & that's it. HAHA! :) I don't think I'd have enough ornaments for that much of a tree. Maybe SOME day we can have a 12 foot tree... just not right now. I'd have to move eveything out of my living room to fit the silly thing, anyways! Maybe when we get a bigger house some day & I have too much living room :)


I feel like this post is just a wish-wash of a bunch of stuff, I just wanted to make up for my last post that was all demons & daggers. There IS happiness in my life, there's just a lot bringing me down, too. I TRY to stay UP.. but it's hard. Just trying to get by just like everyone else. I hope that I haven't turned anyone away from me, but if it has, I'm sorry. I promise there won't be SO many depressing posts in the future. Hopefully, they're just a once in a blue moon thing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment